Testing and Inspections
Periodic Inspection Reports
Electrical installations naturally deteriorate over time, which makes regular safety checks essential in avoiding any potential risks. West Country Electrical specialises in carrying out professional, in-depth periodic testing and inspections on all types of commercial installations, completing every investigation according to BS 7671 standards. Our comprehensive PIR testing includes the checking of:
- The condition of the wiring system.
- Electrical earthing and bonding.
- Appliance and equipment serviceability.
- Control and switchgear suitability.
- Wear and tear.
- Existence of and requirement for residual current devices.
- Increased or changed pressure on the installation.
Following the inspection, we will provide you with an electrical installation condition report (EICR) stating the condition of your electrical installations. It will also detail the action that needs to be taken to rectify any unsatisfactory findings.
Fixed Wire Testing Services
Emergency Lighting Inspection and Testing
Landlord Electrical Safety Checks
While there are no laws stating that landlords must carry out annual electrical safety checks, there are certain regulations that apply and electrical safety obligations that should be adhered to. Complying with these regulations is essential in avoiding fines, injury claims, and even imprisonment.
West Country Electrical has extensive experience in carrying out highly attentive electrical safety checks for landlords, working according to the latest BS 7671 standards. Our in-depth landlord electrical safety checks include:
- Comprehensive visual safety inspections.
- Annual and five-year periodic inspections to ensure continued compliance.
- Remedial work to rectify any problems identified during inspection.
- Change of occupancy inspections to check for and rectify damage.